Get A Card
Your library card is good at all of the Henrico County Public Library locations including the Mobile Library Services and allows you to
- Check out print, audio, and video materials
- Access premium online articles and information
- Use a computer or reserve a room at our libraries
- Renew in person, online, or by phone
- Place a hold on items and choose which location to pick them up
You can apply for a card at any HCPL location. If you think you might already have an HCPL library card, please check with us first by calling any location or by using Ask A Librarian, available by clicking the green tab on the right hand side of any page on our website.
Henrico County, Chesterfield County, and City of Richmond residents are eligible for library cards at HCPL, and a photo ID and proof of address is required to obtain most types of library cards. Learn more about library card registration and eligibility requirements.
You can register in one of three ways:
- Start your registration at home by using our online registration form. Then, visit a library to activate your online registration and receive your permanent card to enjoy all of our services including computer use and printing, checkout of physical and digital materials, room reservations, and more.
- Print the registration form (Formulario de registración) and bring it to any of our open locations.
- Visit any HCPL location and fill out a library card registration form in person.
Borrowing, Returns, and Holds
For answers to common questions about borrowing library materials, please visit our FAQs page.
You can borrow materials from HCPL for periods ranging from two to four weeks, depending on the format. Please see loan periods for library materials for complete information.
To renew materials online, log into My Account by clicking the link located in the top-right of the library website. After logging in with your library card number and PIN, click on the "Checkouts" tab, then click "Library Checkouts." From this page, you can renew all or selected items.
You can return library materials to any Henrico County Public Library. Outside book returns are available 24 hours a day at all libraries. Drive-through book returns and pick-up windows are available at Fairfield, Libbie Mill, Tuckahoe, Twin Hickory and Varina. Drive-up book returns are available at Gayton, Glen Allen, and North Park. Interlibrary Loan Service materials must be returned in person to the branch where the request was made.
Late, damaged, or lost items can be charged fines and fees. See overdue fines for library materials. The fine for overdue interlibrary loan items is $1.00 per day.
Place a hold on a book or other library materials online in the catalog. You may place up to 10 holds at a time. View your holds by logging into My Account and clicking the "Holds" tab. You will be notified by email or phone when the item is ready, based on your account preferences. Your item will be held for three library business days. Please call your library if you cannot make it within that window of time.
To place a hold:
- Search for an item.
- From the Search Results page, find the item that you'd like to place on hold.
- Click on the Place Hold button to the right of the title.
- Enter your 14-digit library card number (typed without spaces between numbers) and PIN (Personal Identification Number). NOTE: You will only need to login with the first item.
- Click on the arrow beside the Pickup Library box to select the library at which you would like to pick up your hold.
- Fairfield, Libbie Mill, Tuckahoe, Twin Hickory, and Varina have drive-up windows open during normal library hours for hold pick up. Designate Drive-up as the pickup location when placing the hold.
- Click on the Place Hold button.
The Henrico County Public Library welcomes Interlibrary Loan requests for materials that are not a part of the library's collection. Library staff will attempt to borrow an item from another library for you. Please keep the following guidelines in mind when requesting an Interlibrary Loan.
- A postage fee of $3.00 will be billed for each filled Interlibrary Loan. You are responsible for paying the postage fee whether the item is picked up or not.
- A maximum of five Interlibrary Loans are allowed at a time.
- To make a request, you must have a library card in good standing (not blocked, barred, nor collections status) and/or have no overdue ILL materials.
- You must have a current address in your record.
- Requests are taken only in person at the Adult Information Desk.
- Indicate a maximum cost you are willing to pay, if any, charged by the lending system to obtain the requested material.
- A title cannot be requested more than once within a 3 month period.
- Not all requests can be filled.
- Picking Up
- Pick up Interlibrary Loan material at the Adult Information Desk of the Library where the item was requested. The postage fee can be paid at the Circulation Desk.
- Due dates are assigned by the lending library.
- If Interlibrary Loan material is not picked up, you are still responsible for any previously authorized fees.
- The lending library's invoice for any fees may arrive with the material or later. If later, you will be notified when the invoice arrives.
- Do not remove the Interlibrary Loan paper.
- Refunds cannot be granted for Interlibrary Loan fees.
- Material must be returned to the Adult Information Desk at the Library where the item was requested.
- You must sign when returning Interlibrary Loan material.
- Do not return Interlibrary Loan materials in the book drop or at the Circulation Desk.
- Renewals are sometimes possible and must be requested at least 5 business days before the due date.
- Renewals must be requested from the Adult Information Desk at the Library where the item was requested. Items cannot be renewed through the online catalog or at the Circulation Desk.
- Renewals may or may not be granted by the lending library.
- Some Interlibrary Loan material cannot be renewed.
- Renewals are not allowed if the patron has overdue ILL materials.
- Overdue Fine
- Overdue fine: $1.00 per day, per item, up to a maximum of $25.00 per item.
- Your Library borrowing privileges will be barred when the item becomes 21 days late.
- Fees, Lost/Damaged Material
- If Interlibrary Loan material is lost or damaged, you are responsible for paying any fees charged by the lending library.
- Unpaid lending library fees previously authorized or unpaid lost/damaged fees will be added to your account. Interlibrary Loan privileges will be suspended until these fees are paid.
- Lending library fees are paid at the Adult Information Desk by check or money order made payable to the lending library.
- Refunds cannot be granted for Interlibrary Loan fees.