Self-care for Teens
In the event of a crisis or emergency, you can tell a trusted adult, dial 911, or call one of the hotlines listed below.
- Crisis Text Line
- Okay2Talk.org online community for teens from NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline + You Matter Blog
- Stop Bullying
- Love Is Respect Dating Abuse Help + Hotline
- Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network + Hotline (RAINN)
- LGBT National Youth TalkLine
- Henrico County Mental Health + Substance Abuse Crisis Line
- Side by Side (formerly ROSMY) – LGBTQ+ support and meeting groups for young people
- Safe Harbor – support and crisis assistance for domestic violence and abuse victims
Check out the excellent Young Adult Library Services Association(YALSA)’s YA Mental Health Resource list here.