Mobile Library Service for Child Care Centers
Mobile Library Service staff provide early literacy storytime visits to Henrico County child care centers, focusing on preschool-aged children. Combining books, songs, and movement, these storytimes encourage children and staff to engage with the stories and each other.
Child Care Center Service Guidelines
Selected with the 2-5 year old preschooler in mind, our themes and activities are designed to spark a love of reading and support the building blocks of lifelong learning. If you are interested in the Mobile Library Service adding your child care center to our schedule, please fill out the form below and a staff member will contact you within 3 business days.
The following are required:
- Please post our scheduled visits for your teachers, so that your classes can make the most of the time we have to share with the children.
- Centers are expected to have their classes ready for their scheduled visits or else notify the Mobile Library Service by phone of any cancellations at least an hour in advance of the scheduled visit time.
- Teachers must accompany, and remain, with their classes during these special visits. You are our partners and you know your children best. Safety first!
- Participation is encouraged not only of the children, but the teachers as well! It is fun and it helps your students learn and stay focused. Thank you for joining us.
- Failure to adhere to these guidelines may result in termination of service.