Borrowing Library Materials

How do I get a library card?

Options and requirements can be found in the above section of this page.

How do I change my PIN number?

Go to the online library catalog. Click on My Account near the top of the screen. Click on Change My PIN. Follow the directions on that page. If you have forgotten your PIN, use the Forgot your PIN link or call your local library for assistance.

What if I lose my library card?

Report your lost card to the library immediately by calling one of the branches. The cardholder is responsible for any outstanding materials or fines attached to the lost card. To request a replacement card, go to the circulation desk and present the proper identification. The replacement fee is $1.

How do I renew books and other materials?

Click the My Account link located in the top-right of the library website. Click on Renew My Materials. Enter your library card number and PIN, and click List Charged Items. From this next screen, you can renew all or selected items.

Where do I return the items I have borrowed?

Library materials can be returned to any Henrico County Public Library. Outside book returns are available 24 hours a day at all libraries. Drive-through book returns and pick-up windows are available at Libbie Mill, Tuckahoe, Twin Hickory and Varina. Drive-up book returns are at Gayton, Glen Allen, and North Park. Interlibrary Loan Service materials must be returned in person to the branch where the request was made.

How much is the overdue charge for . . . ?

See overdue fines for library materials. The fine for overdue interlibrary loan items is $1.00 per day.

How long can I check this out for?

See loan periods for library materials.

Quick Links